Position Title : Senior Finance and Operation Officer
Duration : 1-year renewable
Location : Bujumbura
Type : Local
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Finance and Operation Officer for the current USAID- funded EpiC project in Burundi.
The Senior Finance and Operation Officer coordinates financial/accounting operations, including overall financial monitoring and support/guidance in finance and operations staff, to ensure the fiscal well-being of the project. Provides financial management and guidance, conducts analyses of financial data, provides budget analyses for project funds, and reviews and prepares required reports to funding agencies to ensure compliance with the donor's requirements. Leads the team, proactively guides, and supports respective financial success by providing high-level analytical expertise, implementing business strategies, and developing strong customer relationships. Provides analysis and business modeling support on strategic initiatives for senior management and field operations. Analyzes performance trends, modeling complex business decisions, tracking performance, and presenting results.
The Senior Finance and Operation Officer will report to the Project Director.
Major Duties and responsibilities
These responsibilities include:
- Provide financial, operational, and managerial leadership in all administrative issues of the program
- Provide guidance to sub-partners to review and analyses pending expenditures for appropriate action and determine propriety and accuracy of all expenditures per FHI360 standard operating procedures
- Provide support to project management in the review of budget and financial information
- Conduct a pre-award assessment with implementing partners and follow-up with payments and reporting
- Work with EpiC HQ AND PEPFAR expenditures reporting and costs analysis as well as on sub awards documentation
- Assisting in developing and reviewing EpiC project budgets
- Maintain skills in the of software to track and account for all transactions, resolve any discrepancies, and review and correct, if necessary, accounting records if inaccurate
- Provide capacity building support to civil society implementing partners on sub award financial reporting based on USAID and PEPFAR compliance
- Review RFAs/RFPs for service to be procured under the direction of the program manager
- Develop sub-contract/Sub-grant for the local firms chosen via competitive procurement
- Review and submit sub-contract/sub-grant drafts, including budget with all required supporting documents, for review and approval by FHI360 linkages senior management, and provide clarification as needed
- In coordination with FHI 360 and EpiC staff, review scope of work (SOW) for short-term consultants needed to support the program, consultancy Agreements for identified individuals, and supporting documents required for further processing
- Oversee acquisition of materials needed to support the program efforts and arrange for their inclusion in relevant project databases and knowledge management system
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Be a Burundian national or possess a Burundi’s valid work permit. (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field with at least 5 years relevant experience (Required) or a master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years. (Required)
- Minimum 3 Years’ Experience working in an International NGO collaborating with civil society organizations on financial reporting and compliance. (Required)
- Ability to manage donors funding with a minimum of 3 years’ experience with USG Funding management. (Required)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory position is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in both French and English as working language is a requirement.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as financial systems management.
Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
Sensitivity to cultural difference and understanding of political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues among the key population.
Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high level of organization and quality, with limited resources to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency.
- Only selected candidates will be invited to take the recruitment tests.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies, and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.