EXTERNAL JOB ADVERT- OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Operations Manager is responsible to manage all operations staff i.e. Branch Managers, Listening, Monitoring & Evaluation (LM&E) Officer, Credit administrator, and the Marketing Associate in order to ensure that the appropriate systems and controls are in place to monitor and report on both loan and savings portfolio performance and support the achievement of Turame’s mission.
He/she shall also prepare goals and objectives that identify and address key issues relating to institutional growth, such as exploring new marketing avenues identifying new clients, and setting up new areas of operations to ensure that Turame is accessible by both existing and potential clients.
Branch Managers, LM&E Officers, Credit Administrators, Marketing Associate
Promote and fulfill the mission, method, and motivation of Turame Community Finance
I. Spiritual Integration and Christian witness
- Ensure that the operations of the institution are consistent with the objectives, spiritual integration plans, and values of the institution
- Invest deeply in the spiritual lives of the operations staff, seeking to make disciples and model true servant-leadership
- Demonstrate Christ’s love to clients and stakeholders through daily interactions and other Turame special events
II. Quality Operations
- Rigorously see to the improvement of the image and effectiveness of Turame through recommendations, innovations, and reductions in operational costs.
- Maintain the highest standards of portfolio quality as well as a profitable business
III. Customer service
- Troubleshoot problems encountered by clients and make frequent field visits to help solve difficult cases
- Ensure Turame provides its customers with the best possible product by proposing innovations, product improvements, and policies to improve customer satisfaction.
- Verify that all client account details/information are properly completed
- Coordinate all loan approvals from branches to the Head office credit committee
- Provide daily, weekly, and quarterly reports to the Turame management team regarding the health and activity of the loan and savings portfolio
- Provide weekly projections for planned disbursements of funds
V. Risk and Compliance
- Ensure policies and procedures are fully implemented in all aspects of operations
- Master the contents and procedures as written in the operations manuals
- Maintain accurate records of all loan applications, customer account files, and related transactions in the office
- Combat internal and external fraud, while monitoring field operations with frequent field visits
- Directly supervise all members of the operations team
- Regularly evaluate the performance of team members and control their work according to the standards and practices of the institution
- Facilitate communication between team members and the office in case of emergency and implement the policies of the Safety Manual.
- Participate in recruitment and ongoing training of all operations staff according to the policies and procedures of Turame
- Organize the replacement of loan officers and their supervisors in case of illness or emergency leave.
- Achieve the planned growth according to the annual plan
- Facilitate marketing of new clients and open up new avenues for client service
- Promote and market the institution to potential clients within target communities and among government officials/local administration
IX. Performing all other tasks as assigned by the Managing Director in order to accomplish the mission of the institution
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of Turame Community Finance S.A.
- Personal commitment to the mission, method, and motivation of Turame Community Finance
- Experience in branch operations management in microfinance or banking or any other financial institution preferably at a managerial level
- Degree in finance, banking, accounting, economics, or other related degrees.
- Excellent analytical and problem-identification and problem-solving skills.
- Extreme flexibility and ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Demonstrated desire to help people that have been brought low by war, poverty, or other circumstances regain hope, dignity, and the ability to support themselves and their families.
- Ability to relate well and to motivate staff effectively.
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skills in presenting findings and recommendations.
- French and English Full Professional Proficiency language skills is required.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with T24 core banking software package is strongly recommended.
How to apply
The application should include a motivation letter, updated curriculum vitae, copies of diploma/certificate or anything that can confirm your competencies.
Physical application files can be sent to the following address:
The Human Resources and Administration Director
Turame Community Finance S.A.
P.O. Box 2893 ; 33, Avenue de la Révolution
Telephone: +257 22 256 736
Send electronic application documents by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, February 15th, 2023, at 23h59