The Danish Refugee Council DRC is an international non-governmental organization that promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced persons around the world. DRC has been operational in Burundi since November 2018 in response to the refugee crisis in Burundi.
Under the supervision of the Area Manager, the Project Officer, ensures the implementation of the project and the supervision of the field agents, the planning, the follow-up of the activities, the financial management, the reportage and participation in the various food security, cash transfer and community mobilization working groups. He is responsible for the management of partnership with the technical services of the State.
- • He / She Ensures the development of project management plans and the production of summary sheets of planning and development exercises;
- • He / she ensures the development of activity budgets for the project entrusted to him.
- • He / She collaborates in the analysis of sectors, partners and potential intervention projects;
- • Is in charge of supervising the teams assigned to his department.
- • Is in charge of implementing and achieving the defined objectives assigned to his department.
- • Provides methodological support to all base program teams on technical issues related to the project and cross-cutting issues including: monitoring and evaluation plan design, collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, measurement of indicators, mechanisms complaint, analysis do-no harm etc.
- • In collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Department, he / she is the guarantor of the quality and relevance of the monitoring and internal evaluation activities carried out on the basis of the recommendations made and the analyzes produced (map, study, etc.). ) by his team.
- • Ensures the transversality of his team (many functional links) and its consistency with the expectations of program managers.
- • Contributes to the process of capitalization and improvement of methods and techniques.
- Technical experience and skills:
- • 3 years experience in a position of project leader in international NGO essential.
- • Skills in implementing quantitative and quantitative surveys, including data collection, training, monitoring, sampling, analysis and sharing of results (visualization) on the Kobo and ODK platform.
- • Mastery of data collection, data management and statistical analysis tools (including ODK and MS Excel)
- • Strong analysis, synthesis and writing skills
- • Experience in team management and training / capacity building;
- • Experience in setting up complaint and return mechanisms highly appreciated.
- • Experience planning and management, regular budget monitoring
If you encounter technical difficulties, please contact us on this page: drc.ngo/jobsupport.
Recommend to a friend
Deadline for receipt of applications:
Apply for this position
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) assists refugees and displaced people around the world: we provide them with emergency assistance, fight for their rights and help them to have access to a better future. We are present in conflict zones, along the roads of displacement and in the countries where refugees settle. We work in cooperation with local communities to identify solutions that are both responsible and sustainable. We work for the successful integration of refugees and - where possible - so that their wish to return can be realized.
The Danish Refugee Council, established in Denmark in 1956, is today an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 employees and 8,000 volunteers.
Our work is based on our charter of values: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, honesty and transparency.