Deadline: Jan. 29, 2021
To invest in the dreams of families in Burundi’s underserved communities as we proclaim and live the Gospel.
We share the hope of Christ as we provide biblically based training, saving services, loans that restore dignity and break the cycle of poverty.
The love of Jesus Christ motivates us to identify with those living in poverty and be His hands and feet as we strive to glorify God.
The IT/MIS manager is responsible to work with the HOPE International’s technical staff and Turame Management to design, document, and drive Turame’s IT/MIS strategy in order to accomplish organizational objectives and comply with the industry and regulators standards.
|LEVEL:||Executive team member|
|REPORTS TO:||Managing director|
|DIRECTLY SUPERVISES:||IT/MIS Assistant, Data Entry Clerks|
|CATEGORY:||Fixed Term, Full time, Local employee or Expatriate|
FULL JOB SUMMARY
The IT/MIS manager is responsible for all the Turame’s hardware components e.g. workstations, servers, network equipment, storage and backup and information system software, as well as the choice and the operation of telecommunications services implemented. The IT/MIS manager is responsible for managing the core banking system in collaboration with the system provider(s) and HOPE DSU core banking support staff. The IT/MIS manager should be familiar with the core banking functionality and business processes.
Promote and fulfill the mission, method, and motivation of Turame Community Finance S.A.
I. Technical support, support for computer network and telecommunication equipment and infrastructure, in particular to:
- Manage server operations on a daily basis;
- Administer the computer network and other vital system connections
- Ensure relationships with technical support from equipment and software vendors
- Perform timely troubleshooting interventions in Turame’s remote branches
- Set up and administer the management information system in accordance with the norms and regulations of the sector and supervisory bodies (accounting standards of the Burundi MFIs).
- Anticipate and manage the changes as a result of the institution’s strategy and other changes in the context, local laws, etc.
II. Functional support for MIS system users
- Identify gaps in the MIS system in coordination with finance and business staff, and work with HOPE International’s technical staff to determine appreciate solutions.
- Provide support for the decision-making processes of managers and other team members.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate cybersecurity policies, procedures, and reports are in place.
- Train new staff members and interns on Turame IT system & applications
- Lead or assist with training/ implementation of new IT systems
- Help to keep staff informed and aware of IT matters via in-person communication and/or regularly scheduled instructional emails. etc.
IV. Backup and Restore
- Configure backup points for all Turame Community Finance data
- Monitor and enforce daily backups : ensure that they have been successfully completed and adhere to MIS/IT manual
- Make regular database and file analysis on the servers and restore if necessary.
- Enforce the daily backup procedures as mandated in the MIS/IT manual
- Establish and monitor the IT/MIS elements of the disaster recovery policy and set up systems and infrastructure to achieve this.
V. System monitoring and audit
- Ensure that all audit recommendations related to the MIS System are implemented,
- Contribute to the development and improvement & refinement of management information system procedures
- Contribute to the analysis work and possible implementation of new systems over time
- Ensure verification of all system updates before installation
VI. Core banking
- Coordinate any trouble shooting efforts of the core banking system and other IT systems at Turame
- Maintain a good working knowledge and understanding of the business processes that the IT systems are supporting
- Maintain good contacts with those persons providing the higher levels of trouble shooting and issue management.
VII. Performing all other tasks as assigned by the Managing director in order to accomplish the mission of Turame Community Finance S.A.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of Turame Community Finance S.A.
- Strong experience in using c# programming language
- Proven experience in project planning and management.
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and prioritization of competing demands/multiple deadlines;
- Trustworthy, motivated, and flexible;
- A minimum of 3 years banking IT experience, especially IT project management
- Fully committed to the achievement of Turame’s Mission, Method and Motivation
- Degree in Computer IT studies, Telecommunication, IT engineering or other related qualifications. Candidates with a master’s degree in the above areas will have an added advantage
- A minimum of five years of experience in core banking IT systems
- Professional working proficiency in English and French languages is highly required
How to Apply
Application should include motivation letter, updated curriculum vitae, copies of diploma/certificate or anything that can confirm your competencies. Physical application files can either be sent to the following address:
The Human Resources Manager
Turame Community Finance S.A.
P.O. Box 2893 ; 33, Avenue de la Révolution
Téléphone : (+257) 22 256 736 Bujumbura-Burundi.
Send electronic application documents by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Friday, January 29, 2021 at 16h30