HEAD OF AUDIT
Délai: 1 février 2023
Reporting to the Board Audit Committee and administratively to the Managing, the role incumbent will provide objective and independent assurance on efficiency and effectiveness of the bank’s internal controls and governance processes in mitigating current and evolving risks.
- Developing the risk-based audit plan process by performing assessment of Inherent risk and evaluation of control environment
- Leading the Internal audit team in providing continuous assessment of key risks and controls within business processes.
- Supervise the Internal Audit team in conducting execution of the risk-based audits.
- Maintain quality assurance through effective supervision and of work performed by the internal audit team members to ensure conformance to the International Professional Standards on Internal Auditing (IPPF).
- Reviewing and approving Audit reports detailing audit findings, management comments and agreed management actions to remediate control weaknesses/gaps identified.
- Coordinate and supervise follow up on closure of reported audit findings by to ensure timely implementation of the agreed action and assess effectives of controls implemented.
- Leading continuous Business Monitoring activities to identify current and emerging risks and relevant management mitigating controls.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with business stakeholders in country and Internal Audit team KCB Group.
- Preparation of reports for the Board Audit Committees meetings and regulatory submissions.
- Provide feedback of Internal Audit Activities and other assurance on the effectiveness of the control environment to the Board Audit Committee
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University degree in accounting, Accounting/Finance/Business Administration from a recognized institution.
- Professional qualification as CPA, CCA, CIA, CISA is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of which one must have had 3 years’ experience in management role within the Internal Audit Department.
- A good understanding of market & operational risk should be demonstrated.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; must also have strong attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competencies in leading Audit and quality assurance processes.
- Ability to work closely with various Business Units whilst retaining independence
The above positions are demanding roles and the Bank will provide a competitive package for the right candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log into our Recruitment Portal and submit your application.
Your application must be received by 01st Feb, 2023 at 5:00 PM
To be considered, your application must have:
- A copy of your ID.
- Degree certificate.
- Birth certificate (of self).
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 3 months old).
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.